Saturday, June 20, 2015

Random Pretty Things

It's been a hell of a week.  I am still processing the fact that I live in a country where people shoot each other without a thought.  More disturbing to me is the follow up news coverage and crazy facebook posts.  Add to that the fact that I'm raising two 14 year old girls ('nuff said right there), school is out and camp hasn't yet started and my life is upside down.

I can't handle any more shit.  So I decided I needed to see something happy.  I went searching for pretty things.  They're out there if you look hard enough.  Sometimes it's tiring to have to look for something good.  But turning off the tv, limiting what I see online and opening my eyes to what's outside has helped.  That and finding a stash of fig newtons I sent to school with the girls but they forgot to bring to a class party.  

Score!




I'm finally getting over my fear of bees.  Well, I'm happy when they're in a flower.  I still freak out a bit when they try to befriend me.


While I thought this was beautiful, I didn't touch it.  Wasps aren't too friendly but they make pretty nests.


Fuzzy little dude that I would prefer not to see in my yard.  


This was one of my favorite finds.  The tree is either dead or dying but the bugs that call it home are leaving fascinating designs for me to find.


Score!



No comments:

Post a Comment