Friday, June 12, 2015

Nature in the City

One of the things I love about where I live is that it's very urban but there is nature all around.  I spend my time running from here to there, barely having time to look at things.  So, as stated earlier, I've decided to document some of the prettier things I see.

I spend a lot of time walking by a vacant lot in Rockville.  The whole area is built up - there are high rise offices, apartment buildings, stores all around.  I usually park in front of the empty lot.  It's got a large chain link fence around it and concrete and toppled-over light fixtures inside.  There's not much to see there.

But the sidewalk is overgrown with all sorts of weeds.  Most are green and unattractive but there's a patch here and there that hold beauty.  I love the morning glories in the morning.  But they hide in the afternoon.  There's prickly things with purple fluffy tops.  There are mini daisies.  So many things to distract me as I walk.  I love it.


I have no idea what the above is.  It looks like it will hurt me (or tickle, depending on the area of the flower) but it looked at me like "Take my picture!".


Again, no clue what this is but it's beautiful.


When I saw the purple top on the prickly part, I thought of the bad kid from The Incredibles.


The morning glories are beautiful in the morning.  I always whisper "good morning, glories!" as I pass them.


They look sad in the mid afternoon 90+ degree heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment